This Christmas Wreath Craft with Tissue Paper is so fun and easy to make with kids! Doing crafts helps kids build their fine motor skills, boosts self-confidence, and develops a creative mindset.
Read down below to see step-by-step instructions on how to make this.
I also included a free template for the Christmas wreath base.
Supplies you need:
- Green Tissue Paper (1 or 2 shades of green)
- Red Tissue Paper
- Pom poms
- Twine or String
- Glue gun with glue sticks
- Christmas wreath base Template Here ( 4.5″ circumference)
Can the Tissue Paper Christmas Wreath Craft be a Fun Activity for Kids at Home?
Christmas Wreath Craft with Tissue Paper Instructions:
- Cut out your cardboard like a donut shape with any size you desire. I have a free template with a 4.5″ circumference that you can also download here.
- Cut your green tissue paper into squares approximately 1 to 1.5″. In this project, I did about 1.5″. The squares don’t have to be perfect.
Tip: Fold your tissue paper down to the size of a square and cut the folds that way you’ll get multiple squares when you cut it
- Put the pencil eraser in the middle of the square and wrap it around with the tissue paper.
- Dab glue on the bottom of the tissue paper and paste it on the cardboard. Repeat the process until you fill the entire wreath.
- Cut the red tissue paper into a 4″ square.
- Make a few alternate folds to make the creases of the bow.
- Tie the middle of the bow with a string or twine.
- Cut 2 red tissue paper strips. I did 2″ X 0.5″ in this project
- Paste the top of the strips on the back of the bow.
- Add a medium size pom pom or a few smaller size pompoms on the middle of the bow. Whichever you prefer.
- Attach the bow to the bottom of the wreath.
9. Glue a string or twine at the back of the Christmas wreath.
There you have it!
Let your kids hang it on your Christmas tree.
Doing this tissue paper craft gives your kids confidence and boosts their self-esteem. When they are done, they’ll say “yeah! I made that!
I love hearing that from my kiddos.
Another fun part that you can also do is add a picture of your kids to the wreath. Make a few more for each of your family members from immediate family to close relatives like grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
So have fun and enjoy creating this Christmas wreath craft with tissue paper with your little ones.
I’d love to see your projects too and other craft ideas that you can add to this project.
Let me know in the comments below or send me an email.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.