This fun and easy-to-make letter A apple craft will surely pop a smile and laughter to your little ones. FREE TEMPLATES are below!
Looking for a fun and easy popsicle stick craft for preschoolers and kindergarteners? You’ve come to the right place. You’ll love this apple craft popsicle stick puppet.
Teaching the letters of the alphabet with phonics to kids will be so much fun and engaging when you make projects with them. While making this craft, let them say the word and sound out the letter phonetically. This helps them to remember the letter sounds of each letter of the alphabet. On this page, we have the letter A. Aa – Aa as in Apple!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Letter A Apple Craft – Popsicle Stick Puppet
This apple craft project only needs a few things.
Let’s get started and let the fun begin!
Supplies to make the Letter A Apple Craft – Popsicle Stick Puppet
1. Scissors (Amazon recommendation here)
2. Glue (I used Elmer’s stick glue)
3. Brown pipe cleaner (Approx. 4″)
4. Popsicle stick (small or jumbo size)
6. White Cardstock (check out my Amazon-recommended cardstock)
Can the Popsicle Stick Puppet Craft be Adapted for Other Seasons or Themes?
Directions to make the Letter A Apple Craft – Popsicle Stick Puppet
- Print the Apple Craft template (download here: colored version or black and white version) using white cardstock. You can print the instructions page on standard printer paper though.
When making the black-and-white version, let your kids color the apple template page first before cutting out the pieces.
2. Cut out the apple, eyes, mouth, and leaf.
3. Glue the eyes, mouth, and leaf on the apple to make an apple face.
4. Cut about 4″ of brown pipe cleaner and fold it into half. Then glue it on top of the apple as a stem.
5. Add a popsicle stick on the bottom to make the Apple Puppet.
There ya go! Meet Appley the Apple Puppet! or you can name yours whatever your kid likes.
My kids and I had so much fun making this letter A apple craft puppet project! They actually named it Appley.
My 4 yr old son was saying the A sound phonetically as he was making this and he loves doing pretend talk with his apple puppet. It’s so cute!
I hope you will have fun and enjoy making this letter A apple craft with your kiddos also.
If you want some preschool printable worksheets to go along with learning the letters of the alphabet, numbers from 1 to 10, shapes and colors, and other fun worksheets for kids, check out my Preschool Printable Bundle on Etsy or below.
ABC Printables for Toddlers – Alphabet, Tracing, Numbers, Shapes, and Fun Coloring Pages
This preschool printable bundle with alphabet tracing worksheets, numbers, coloring pages, and so much more to help your toddler to start learning in a fun, engaging way!
Welcome to our big workbook bundle for toddlers and preschoolers. With your purchase, you will receive 250 pages that include:
⭐ 145 Letter and Alphabet Tracing Pages
⭐ 46 Number Activity Pages
⭐ 23 Shape Activity Pages
⭐ 20 Coloring Pages for Kids
⭐ 16 Comparison Activity Pages